Re: What is the language "British"?

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 04:51:40PM -0700, jdow wrote:
> From: "Tim" <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> While we're on words, it is to be noted that Pluto, the planet,
> has been downgraded. There is a growing body of dissent over
> this action by the IAU. It is thought all the planets should be
> renamed in protest using Disney characters. Henceforth the Earth
> is to be called by its new proper name, Goofy.
>
> {O,o}   <wanders off muttering about the "Green Hills of Goofy">

I'm sure Rhysling would approve. Or at least chortle.

But this is incorrect, as Goofy has long been held in reserve should a
moon be discovered for Pluto. In that spirit, we should rename Jupiter
Donald, and the four Galilean satellites Heuy, Dewey, Louie and Daisy.

And the Sun should be renamed after Karl Barks.