Re: Keyboard Problem in Fedora Core 4

.

Its a US International QWERTY keyboard. The keyboard is detected when
the system boots up and also works perfectly in single user mode (run
level 1). However in run level 3 none of the keys respond.

Do a rpm -qa kbd to check your keyboard driver.  On fedora core it is kbd.1.12-10.rpm.  I know there are updates for this file.  I have installed FC 6 + GUI (though I prefer only console) on Vmware to test my keyboard problem and it seems to be ok.

the command to load default keyboard map is loadkeys -d

I had not
checked xorg.conf because X is not running at all.

Have U installed Xfree? or U installed only shell and no GUI? the file xorg.conf is found in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  Have a quick look at the input section.  You should find something concerning keyboard.

Rgds