Re: md RAID and LVM recovery techniques.

I.have good luck with 'ghost for linux' for single non raid drive.  I was wondering if the slave drive (RAID) had to be restored along with the primary, when wanting to restore to an erlier backup for whatever reason.
dennismouille@xxxxxxxxx

Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know how to recover a single md drive but I am not sure how this works
> under LVM.
>
> My situation is two drives for md0 (~130gig) and two for md1. This on
> FC4 so shouldn't make that much difference.
>
> Joined together under LVM. One of the md0 drives failed on the weekend
> and I want to ensure that I do this correctly.
>
> As the drive comes up with no file-system error, I want to pull the
> drive out and test it in an external carrier and possibly map out bad
> blocks.
>
> The other option is to replace the drive with a much larger drive (price
> is lower) and partition the as a replacement.
>
> Can I just rebuild the drive under md tools and it will work in the LVM
> or do I have to re-label the drive?
>
> If I pull the drive and put it in a carrier, will I be able to pull data
> off of the drive?
>
> Basically, can I just ignore the LVM on this drive?

Well no help from the list as of yet but I did finally find this which
may be useful to others.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8874

--
Robin Laing