Re: Command for scrolling back through text on CLI

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Nigel Henry wrote:

If I'm in text mode and run a command like, ls /usr/bin, I get a load of text
scrolling by with no way to get back to the start of it. What command do I
need to use so that I can scroll back through the text? Or are there any
specific key combinations that will do this?

I looked at "man ls" and "man tail", but there didn't seem to be any help
there.

<shift><pg up>

The problem with doing that from a command line is that if you switch vt's
you loose the ability to scroll up.

The same command also works from gnometerm/konsole, etc. except you do not loose
the ability to scroll up if you switch screens.

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl		tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx