Re: FC5 - mozilla help needed

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 09:49 -0700, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> I'm unable to get Adobe `acroread' to run within Mozilla.
> Would someone who knows give me some pointers please?
>
> I'm running an up-to-date FC5 system.  Selinux is disabled.  Both
> `acroread' and `mozilla-acroread' are installed (from the Dries
> repository).  And I've verified that acroread works from the
> commandline.
>
> Yet when I try to view a .pdf from w/in mozilla, I get nothing.  On a
> large .pdf, I can see mozilla taking time to read the file in, but
> then I just get a blank mozilla window.  acroread is not being started
> at all.
>
> How do I begin to debug this?
>
> Thanks
> Dean

Here is the deal. The Dries rpm installs acroread
in /usr/lib/acroread/bin/acroread with a a link at /usr/bin/acroread. It
does not install the plugin you can get from Acrobat.
So what I did this morning to make this work is to go
into /etc/mozpluggerrc and change the pdf clause to read as follows:
application/pdf: pdf: PDF file
application/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
#       repeat swallow(documentShell) fill: acroread -geometry +9000
+9000 +useFrontEndProgram "$file"
#       repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill:  /usr/bin/acroread "$file"
#        repeat noisy swallow(gv) fill: gv -safer -quiet -antialias
-gometry +9000+9000 "$file"

I think that will make things work for you.

Beneath this stone lies Murphy, They buried him today, He lived the life
of Riley, While Riley was away.