Re: MSI K9NGM2-FID Kernal won't boot after upgrade to 2174

No raid, it is off in the bios (well that what is says), I am booting to a sata drive.  I only have Fedora loaded on this machine at this time and no other window etc partitions.  Kind of bummed me out since everything booted up and loaded and all of my devices were loaded, I saw the raid issues but didn't sound like my issue.  It looks like it could be related to ACPI but not sure....

On 8/29/06, Tom Horsley <tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This happens shortly after selecting in grub and the system just
> hangs.  I can however boot the orginal kernel 2.6.15 and I don't
> receive these messages.  Since this is a new board MSI doesn't have a
> newer bios to test, has anyone seen this?  Is there a workaround?
> Thanks.

Does this system have RAID on it (even RAID you aren't mounting, like
some Windows
partitions?). I had a lot of problems with dual booting on a Windows box
because
the Windows raid didn't conform to the rules linux expected (even though
I didn't
even want to mount the Windows partitions). I eventually had to update
the initrd
image and remove all the dmraid stuff trying to setup device mapper for
the
windows partitions. There were a lot of other folks with raid problems
as
well, and there are a couple of big long bugzillas about them (which I
can't
find now because bugzilla seems to be down :-).