Re: Font Size in Open Office Docs on different platforms

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 08:30 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> Modern printers usually have controllable margins and one of a few
> standard dots-per-inch measures (and the information is recorded in
> the drivers), so that's not so much of an issue.

I beg to differ that it's still a problem.  I've come across quite a few
printers, that I'd still call modern, with differing abilities to print
close to the edge of the page, especially the tops and bottoms.  I've
had the unpleasant task of having to reformat some very intricate pages
made up of tables inside of tables that were too big for the page.

Of course, if you do this in the Windows world, you've got even more to
worry about with files from another computer, than layout...

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.