Font Size in Open Office Docs on different platforms

When I transfer my open office documents to other platforms the font size ( rendered ) is changing, causing the formating to go wrong. A 10pt font under the Linux platform is shorter than that shown when running Open Office on Windows/Solaris (Gnome). On Linux I'm getting 2 more lines per page in a text document :-)

I tried to standardise using Microsoft's Arial font, but still the same problem. I've also tried exporting to PDF. It becomes particularly confusing on conference calls when I refer to a page in a document that doesn't match with any one else.

Strangely for presentations - the text on Linux seems to bigger and flow off the bottom of the slide.

Any ideas what is causing this ? I 'm using FC5 with all the latest updates.

Thanks
Andy