RE: What is the language "British"?

On Monday 28 August 2006 19:01, Robin Laing wrote:

> Geordie dialect (Newcastle area) is believed to have the most authentic
> with better than 80% historically correct :-)

Interesting!  I took a class in history where the instructor was talking
about the evolution of languages and pronunciations, and he said the closest
dialect to the British of the 17th century is  the dialect of American
English currently spoken in the countryside around Atlanta, Georgia.

--
Michael P Brininstool