Re: MS Windows through QEMU

On Monday 28 August 2006 14:12, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 8/28/06, Mauriat Miranda <mirandam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > performance is.... slow.
> > > you should also install the kqemu software (non free, so take it from
> > > livna) to get a bit more speed.
> >
> > I found XP/2000 too slow, but 98/NT4 rather smooth.

> > > If you search deeper, you can find some rpm way tutorial to install
> > > qemu/kqemu.
> >
> > qemu is included in fedora extras:
> >
> > # yum install qemu
> >
> > The kernel accelerator helps significantly:
> > http://fedoranews.org/tchung/qemu/0.8.1/fc5/
>
> Thanks to both. I thought I had found something more perfect than
> CrossOver... :-)

I have seen a PowerPoint presentation, running on XP, given to a LUG by one of
the developers.  The speed was such that no-one realised that it was running
under qemu until he closed down XP.  Maybe it's a hardware issue, or maybe
there is tuning to be done.  I don't know.  What I do know is that it's the
only time I have ever seen that audience burst into spontaneous applause.  It
was truly impressive.

Anne