Re: What is the language "British"?

On 8/28/06, Mike Klinke <lsomike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 28 August 2006 10:01, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Why is it that one side has to be "correct/right" and the other
> side "incorrect/wrong". I don't get it.

Depends on context;  you'll get a ticket if you atempt to drive on
the pavement in England but not in the U.S.. Definitely "wrong" in
the point of view of the officer. 8)

As long as the arguments are made in the spirit of fun, which most
of it seems to be, I don't see a problem.  For the most part, I
find the differences in pronounciation, spelling, and usage
amusing.
Even in the same country, name it US, Canada, England, (Spanish ones)
Argentina, Mexico, Bolivia, they do not pronounce the same and they do
not even name some things the same!!, so as far as we can understand
each others, i think we can leave the "correct/incorrect" thing to the
language professionals, we are at computers :) .

regards,