Re: Printing from Gimp -

David C. Chipman wrote:
Hi Bob,
Can anyone tell me what I have to do to print from Gimp?

		Do you have gimp-print-cups available? That might also
help. I have it installed on my machine here (FC5, gimp-print-cups ver.
4.2.7-16). That should expand your choice of available printers (The
summary for this package reads: " CUPS drivers for Canon, Epson, HP and
compatible printers"). I hope this helps.
			-David Chipman
Ok, I tried yum install gimp-print-cups but that had no effect on
Gimp printing that I could determine?  I then finished the "make install"
of gutenprint which had no effect on gimp printing but it did add a huge
list of printer drivers to CUPS!  However still no HP6840 is shown in
the list.  The only way I can select HP6840 is from KDE which means I have
to "switchdesk" from XFCE which is not a problem since it only needs to
be done once.

Again I tried simply selecting the highest HP Deskjet model listed in the
new Cups Gutenprint list of drivers and that seems to work well?

Thanks to all.

BobG