Re: Printing from Gimp -

On Sun, 2006-27-08 at 16:13 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what I have to do to print from Gimp?
>
> Presently I have to save my image file and print from gthumb
> which doesn't always work for me?  The Gimp help file isn't
> very helpful on the subject.
>
> I must be missing something ...

Check the Gimp-print dialogue for the generic driver PostScript Level2
driver.  (Image Window Menu: File| Print using a non-.xcf image; a *.xcf
file just adds some unecessary complications to setting up).  If
Gimp-print has selected the PrintScript Level2 driver, click on the
settings button.  The last line in the setup popup dialogue is the
command line.  By default this line is "lpr -s -oraw".  It doesn't work.
Delete the "-oraw".  After that close the print dialogue and you should
be able to print.  Less generic drivers are on the way, apparently.

If that doesn't work, things can get complex with patches etc.  Check
Gutenprint. Gimp-print is in the process of changing its name to
Gutenprint, so you can find lots of info under both names.
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/
--
Regards Bill