Re: FC5 and SATA drive -

Knute Johnson wrote:
Bob:

I've got a new Dell with two SATA drives and I just installed FC5 on
the second.  I use grub to boot and it works great.

Now if I could just get my wireless to work on my laptop again I'd be
in fat city :-).

knute...

That's encouraging!  I have this XP box that does not see much use.
The other day I put a "Berry Linux/FC5" cd in and booted it from that,
it really makes a neat Linux computer.

We have four computers and a printer all running from the wireless
system in this house.  The physical layout makes running wire difficult.
The wireless runs without any problem.

Thanks.

Bob

*I am contemplating buying a new SATA hard drive to add as
the second drive in a newer Dell [P4  2.8gHz 512 megs RAM]
computer that presently has one SATA drive and Windows XP
installed.  I would like to add the second drive and install
FC5 on it and dual boot.

It appears to me that it should be simply a matter of plugging
in the cables and running the FC5 install DVD.  Are there
pitfalls I should know about or can I expect this to simply work
as expected?

Bob Goodwin

*