Re: Find every instance of hostname

On Saturday 26 August 2006 15:11, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 07:48 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I have a small problem on my laptop which springs from the sender of an
> > email being set as logwatch.localhost.localdomain.  I have so far been
> > unable to find which config file needs editing to get the correct
> > hostname, so I'd like to be able to search this box, where everything is
> > fine, for config files that contain the box's hostname.  I could then
> > check the list against the ones on the laptop.
> >
> > It should be simple enough to do using find and grep, but I can't get a
> > command that gives me the output I need.  How can I do it?
> >
> > Anne
>
> But to fix the original problem takes changing the argument of the
> macro in sendmail.cf  which can be done by editing the :
>
> MASQUERADE_AS(`trinity.edu')dnl
> line in the sendmail.mc
> and then running: make -C
> in the /etc/mail directory.

I'm using postfix.sendmail, Aaron.  The masquerade line in main.cf shows

masquerade_domains - $mydomain

I've tried making that packbell.$mydomain but that didn't add the hostname
either.  You'll see from my reply to Mikkel that I now have it adding the
correct network identifier.  I just need the box identifier adding now.

Anne