Re: removing old Kernels

Greetings Jim,

Jim Cornette wrote:

 As Paul mentioned, you have a lot more than what resides in /boot for
 the kernel. You have the modules for each kernel that will linger in
 a simple rm type of kernel removal.

What are the chances of  you overlooking the last paragraph of  my email
Quoting from my email on 24/08/2006 01:33 ( time is most likely GMT+2 )

Did i or didn't i wrote :

 After you clean the above set of 3 files from the boot directory (
 initrd,System.map,vmlinuz) you have to go to the /lib/modules/
 directory. There is the location that the kernel modules are stored .
 Delete all the directories that correspond to the kernels that you
 don't want to keep .

So i have already mentioned the /lib/modules/ directory but certainly
missed the /boot/grub/grub.conf  stanza .

Kostas