Re: TrueCrypt and FC5

At 09:33 24/08/2006, you wrote:

I was having same problems with Fedora Core 5 ( FC 5 ) with SELinux disabled and found this link helpful:
http://rpmfarm.free.fr/5/i386/RPMS.farm/repodata/repoview/kmod-truecrypt-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5smp-0-4.2a-1.EL.FC5.html

It seems that the kernel needs a patch for the truecrypt module.

Being an intrinsically suspicious and untrusting of strangers type, which is probably true of anybody interested in using truecrypt, how do we know that the above is kosher? I mean, for all I know it could be sponsored by the FBI and contain a special patch. Or am I being paranoid?

If enough people are interested, would the Fedora team be prepared to add truecrypt to Extras?

Dave F