Re: setting host name for dhcp

I've already done this, yet my machine remains unpingable from $HOSTNAME.whatever.whatever.com

and hostname -f returns the right hostname.

martin
From: Brad Bonkoski <bbonkoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: setting host name for dhcp
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:34:24 -0400

Kahn Seidl wrote:
I need to set a host name for fc5 that can be used with dynamic dns + dchp. They wont give me a dns entry or static ip at work. So I have to set a host name. But I'm not sure where to put this, or how to enter it so it will picked up dhcp as the host name.

THanks for your help -
Martin

try (as root) system-config-network
I believe under the DNS tab you should be able to set the hostname
HTH
-Brad