Re: syslogd messages, FC5, kernel 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5

Antonio Olivares wrote:

I can turn on the machine and connect to the internet
with an external modem and see if the kernel oops
happens again.

You need to stop the slamr driver from getting loaded too in order to make a reasonable test. You can add

install slamr /bin/true

/etc/modprobe.conf

to defeat the loading of that module, then reboot.  Run

lsmod | grep slamr

to confirm on reboot.

Thanks for your suggestions,  hopefully when a newer
kernel is released I'll install it and the problem
goes away.

I note you can't say slamr without saying lamr! If that is the source of the problem, as it might be, a newer kernel isn't going to help.

-Andy