Re: HTTP Status Code

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 14:56 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> I have a query here how do i get various status code on the browser,
>
> For example
>
> 403 Forbidden
>
> How do i simulate (get ) all the status code from the httpd webserver
> in the form of a script or a simple program

Well, you could make a script using "wget" to get various resources from
your webserver, you'd request something that you know is there (to get a
200 okay), you'd request something you know you don't have to get a 404,
request something you're not allowed to access to get a 403 (e.g. a
directory without read permissions), request something that you've set
up redirection rules on to get the various 30x responses, and so on...

But if you just want to find out about what they all are, you can just
search against the same keywords you've used in the subject line.

I read messages from the public lists.