Re: Quick Time movies - how to edit?

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 09:32 +0300, Heikki Pesonen wrote:

>  And I found it too difficult or time consuming to continue the mini
> project. Especially becouse my reliable WindowsXP works well and I get
> things done there (the editing of Quick Time movies beeing the only
> exception). Even installing perl-Video-DVDRip-0.97.12-1.fc5.x86_64 I
> did not succeed to the end, but in Windows it works well.

My first experience with Linux was with Slackware, way back in 1996, and
there were no rpms that I could install. Back then everything,
especially the kernel, had to be compiled from source. I remember the
text-based installation as being particularly scary because there were
so many options !

> But now at last your avidemux2-2.1.2-7.i386.rpm installed well without
> complaying anything! I continue running it a bit later!

Congratulations, Heikki ! I have no doubt that after you have used Linux
for a while, you'll look at Windows differently. To my non-technical
friends, I describe Linux as the dull looking girl in class who may not
look like much, but can be relied on when things go bad, and Windows is
the hot chick who is high-maintenance, and unless you have plenty of
money and time, you can forget about even going out with her! ;)

--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur