Re: FC5 Installation Killing Computers

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 19:45 -0700, Hex Star wrote:
> No thanks, I won't be installing FC, at least until these issues are
> sorted out as I value my PCs life ;-)
----
that of course is your prerogative.

I suspect that there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of FC5
installs that were without any of the problems reported by that one
person.

More to the point, there is bugzilla and the proper place to problems
with Red Hat and Fedora Core software is bugzilla and I'm wondering if
you can reference a report on bugzilla that concerns this issue -
otherwise, you  risk appearing to be the children's fable character
Chicken Little pronouncing the sky is falling when there are so many who
can that it is not.

You can't take untrusted users reports on this list seriously - they
have to make a proper bug report and bugzilla is the place - it's not a
bug if it isn't in bugzilla. The reporter that you are referring to did
not have a credible report.

Craig