Re: How to install Windows Codecs in firefox for MPLAYER

On 8/21/06, Phil <plabonte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fedora Core 5

I am trying to play two types of files:
Movie trailers from Apple and streaming radio in WMV format.

I downloaded and istalled the codecs from the MPLAYER site and installed
them in the appropirate folder...

ONce that is done will or should I be able to use firefox to see the video?
or do I still have to download the video locally or search throught the html
source to get the link to the file?

You also need the mplayer plugin package available from the livna repo.

mplayerplug-in.i386                      3.25-1.lvn5            livna
Matched from:
mplayerplug-in
MPlayer plugin for Mozilla compatible browsers
This package contains a Mozilla browser plugin that makes it possible
to use the MPlayer movie player in Mozilla compatible browsers.

HTH

Andras