Re: FC5 Installation Killing Computers

Hex Star wrote:
I dunno...I saw another thread here stating that FC5 was killing HDs by restarting them repeatedly until they died so this does seem like it could be possible...makes me glad I'm not thinking of using FC5 nor currently using it and such a distro which has now had multiple posts with regards to it killing various computer components certainly is not good for this distros reputation nor Linuxes as a whole, the developers of this distro might want to make fixing these issues a rather high priority if they care about FCs reputation at all...

Aaaaahh hold on I had two HDDs die that way on one box here, I don't know what caused it but the most likely explanation is the powersupply in the box browning out. The fact there was only one other potential sufferer I could find suggests that it is not the OS but the hardware.

So please don't take away from my experience that there is anything wrong with FC5 on the whole, it is in use on several machines here for many months with no problems like that and I can and do recommend it and stick it on others' machines.

-Andy