Re: A basic 'newbie' question

On Monday 21 August 2006 18:41, Robin Laing wrote:

> Some magazines come with full installations.

One thing to note, though.  Sometimes the magazine disks are not the official
release.  I think it was Mandriva 2006 where the magazine DVD was actually a
very late 'cooker' snapshot.

> Also check for local Linux
> user groups or even libraries if you don't have high speed.  You may be
> able to get a DVD from them.  Heck, buy a pint for a friend that has
> high speed.  :)

All valid paths.  If none of them work it's always worth asking on-list if
anyone has an unwanted magazine disk.  Since I take both Linux Format and
Linux Magazine I often have two copies of a distro and would be willing to
post out the unwanted copy to a UK address.  I'm sure others would help the
same way.

Anne