Re: double click emulation?

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 22:42 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Double-clicks are processed on a much higher level than that.  If
> there's
> anything like that, it would have to be a configuration setting on the
> Gnome
> or KDE level.  I _don't_ recall ever encountering anything like that,
> but
> you might want to run this one by a more appropriate Gnome or
> KDE-related
> mailing list.

I was thinking more along the lines of a program like the one that lirc
has to translate IR controller codes into mouse motion. Ought to be
something I could plug in at the same level that injects two button 1
clicks into the X event stream when I click one button on the mouse.
Maybe I can look at what lirc does and whip up something similar.