Re: Best Certificate

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:41:22 +0800
Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> eng.waleed wrote:
> > what is best linux certificate?
> >

> The best linux certificate is the one your current employer wants you
> to have or your future employer would like you to have.  In the case
> of the former, the best certificate is one that the employer pays the
> bills to obtain it.
I agree with this answer and would like to expand it to say if you are
not working or your emplyeerdoes not specify their preference try to
find out what the linux emploeers in your area want and target those
certifications.  You will probably find different companies may have a
particular certification they want any where in the world and also some
areas will have a strong prefrence for a particular cert. Also look at
what each cert reguires and measure it against your skill or interest
level;  there are too many variables to say that one cert is the best. I
have several certifications in the security world that were part of a
course I took, while the knowledge behind the cert is good
unfortunately the certs are not recognized by employers so they really
are of no value.

--
Norm