Re: have only smp kernel, need up kernel

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Does the lockup still occur if you disable hyperthreading in the BIOS?

So far, so good, but not very far yet.
Even if it works, I'll still be interested in a uniprocessor kernel.

> I can't figure out how to get to the BIOS.
> When I push the reset button, a lot of stuff goes by
> before I see the grub screen.
> Neither Esc, F1, F12, Pause/Break nor anything else I've
> tried gets me to the BIOS screen.

For some reason, the Delete key works.

The other good news is that I'm not having the DHCP problems I had earlier.

--
Mike   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"it stands to reason that they weren't always called the ancients."