Re: Not all IDE hard disks are detected by my BIOS

On 8/18/06, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/17/06, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > At boot time, my new BIOS is unable to detect 2 of my 3 IDE hard
> > disks. However, I can access to all of them from FC5. Is there
> > something that I can do to have the BIOS detecting all my IDE hard
> > disks?
> >
> How are the undetected drives connected? Are they connected to the
> motherboard IDE controller, or an add-on card?
>
> If they are connected to the mb controller, what have you tried to
> get the BIOS to detect them? Does your BIOS setup have a detect IDE
> drives section? Is your BIOS set to auto-detect your drives? Have
> you followed the instructions for your BIOS to properly set up the
> drives?
>
> Why do you need the BIOS to detect them?

I was not the one who connected the hard disks to the motherboard, but
instead the vendor of it. However, I suppose that the disks are
directly connected to the motherboard. Anyway, I can boot in those IDE
hard disks, with no problem. My question was motivated by the fact
that, at the boot time, I always get as a result of an IDE scan:

Drive 3: Not detected
Drive 4: Not detected

After all, in practice, I do not see any serious consequence.

Paul

There is nothing wrong with your system or BIOS. Your hard and CD/DVD
drives are connected to IDE ports. The BIOS is reporting the two SATA
ports have no drives attached.