FC4 and ssh passphrases not working

Hi All,

I've attempted to google on this problem but I can't seem to find
anything that gives me a solution so I am asking here.

I updated a few of my servers recently with yum. After I did that,
my automated rsyncs to servers stopped working. The updated
servers are refusing the publickeys I've used for months and months.

In trying to debug this, I've run "ssh -vv" on the local system to get
debugging info and tailed the messages log file on the remote system.

I get the following message logged on the remote system:

Aug 18 08:35:14 mail sshd[25419]: Parsing authorization file /root/.ssh2/authorization resulted in error (user root tried to authenticate)

It appears in the last update a /etc/ssh2 directory has been created as
well as one in the /root directory.

The version of ssh on the local server is "OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7f 22 Mar 2005".

The version of sshd on the remote server is
"SSH Secure Shell SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.8p1 Debian 1:3.8p1-3 (non-commercial version) on i686-pc-linux-gnu".

What confuses me is why it says Debian. I use the out of the box yum configuration so everything
should be for a FC4 configuration.

If any one can give me some insight into what is going on here and how to fix it,
I would greatly appreciate it!

TIA,

Mike