Re: FAILED for eth0

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 18:29 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:

> > Wow! That is odd... did you change network cards recently? But I am
> > thinking that kudzu would probably have detected the change, and written
> > the new MAC address into the configuration file.
>
> Yes, Chong, I did change my Ethernet card. I suppose that kudzu runs
> at boot time and it did not write the new MAC address into the
> configuration file.

I don't think kudzu notices a different MAC address.  It would notice
a different type of NIC, but then it would force you to reconfigure
it with an IP address or dhcp setting before starting it.  That's
not at all handy when you prepare swappable disks and have someone
else install them at a remote site, expecting to ssh in as soon as
they come up.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx