Re: mouse wheel problems

On Thursday August 17 2006 5:23 am, Tod Merley wrote:
> After a bit more research I will probably post to the list ether a
> solution to the KVM/wheel mouse issue or a request for more help.
>
> I hope this is helpful to you!

Been there, done all that, but thanks for your post anyway. Your problem is
simple - don't waste your time on trying to adapt to the Belkin - it's
flawed. Get your self the an IOGear or TrendNet and be done with your
troubles. There have been big discussions on this list several times over the
past three years on this, and it's documented all over the net as you've
begun to discover.

My current issue is different - it has nothing to do with my mouse or my KVM.
I'm familiar with the issue you're speaking to, and have dealt with it
before.

Still working on the current issue - about to boot into Windows on my second
machine to see if the behavior is occurring there - if it is, then I'll
pretty much know it's my KVM, in which case I'll have to retract the IOGear
suggestion (that was suggested to me by someone on this list, and I've been
trouble free at work for two years now on that issue - bonus is that the
IOGear units are quite cheap - I also use a TrendNet in my shop, which is
also very cheap, and have no problems with it)... If the behavior is not
present in the Window, then my problem is FC5
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA