Re: Image Browser

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:12:03 -0500, Ron Siven wrote
> On Wednesday 16 August 2006 16:38, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 August 2006 22:13, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> > > Greetings Anne,

> > > < snip >

> > > On 16/08/06 01:39 am Ron Siven wondered about what happened to KuickView
> > >   . Well i booted my Fedora Core 1 Installation and there was no
> > > KuickView  but only Kuickshow , so finally the programm that Ron was
> > > speaking about was Kuickshow . On my Fedora Core 4 installation there is
> > > this KView that you mention and none of the Kuickshow or KuickView or
> > > whatever like that . So whatever is really happening ( Fedora
> > > Development Team knows ) it seems that KView is the thing that replaced
> > > Kuickshow  but that's just a guess .
> >
> > Definitely not - I have both on my FC4.  Kuickshow is much more capable
> > than KView.  I use it to slide-show a directory, for instance.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Well, you are all quite astute.  :)
>
> As speculated, I did mean Kuickshow.  I must have combined it with
> Kview in my head when posting last time.
>
> At any rate, I still wonder what happened to it.  It does not appear
> in any yum repository that I use.
>
> Ron

It appears that Kuickshow is part of the kdegraphics Package. IF you install
that, then you can run Kuickshow..

Graphics applications for the K Desktop Environment.

Includes:
kdvi (displays TeX .dvi files)
kfax (displays faxfiles)
kghostview (displays postscript files)
kcoloredit (palette editor and color chooser)
kamera (digital camera support)
kiconedit (icon editor)
kpaint (a simple drawing program)
ksnapshot (screen capture utility)
kview (image viewer for GIF, JPEG, TIFF, etc.)
kuickshow (quick picture viewer) <<< See Here.....
kooka (scanner application)
kruler (screen ruler and color measurement tool)

Wolf