Re: mouse wheel problems

On Wednesday August 16 2006 4:26 pm, Paul Kloves wrote:
> This gives me full mouse wheel support for my Logitech Cordless MouseMan
> Optical mouse.  I can scroll up and down, and use the wheel as MB3 like
> I wanted to do.  My xorg.conf looks normal:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
> EndSection

Well, I tried it. It seemed to improve matters in Kmail but then I found that
a little more vigorous scrolling could pop the menus; in Firefox, get this -
reverse scrolling instantly pops a menu  and if I click anywhere outside the
menu, I get taken to a page error with the message being "Sorry, couldn't
find a page called www.psmouse=imps.com - I may have the exact phrasing
wrong, but that's close! Unfortunately, I can't replicate it now - scrolling
backwards on two completely different website pages is landing me at the
moment at http://daringfireball.net/2006/04/initiative - I have never heard
of that site, have never visited it, and to my knowledge, it is not linked to
from either of the two pages I'm testing from, one of which is www.cnn.com

This is very strange...it's the kind of thing that would make you start
looking for a virus in Windows, but, this is the only untoward symptom my
machine has - there's nothing strange in my logs, no unusual activity...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA