Re: Need to install drivers of motherboard CD?

yOn Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Paul Smith wrote:

On 8/16/06, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have just upgraded the processor of my computer to a P4 Dual Core.
> The new motherboard comes with a CD with some drivers. Should I
> install those drivers? Apparently, the CD expects to be read on MS
> Windows. And furthermore, my upgraded computer works perfectly with
> FC5, but I am not sure whether its performance can still be improved
> with those drivers.

Well, it sounds like they are Windows drivers, so they are not going
to work under Linux.

Thanks, Mikkel and Rob. I am now relieved, as the vendor of it (who
does not work with Linux) keeps telling me that the performance can be
improved with the installation of those drivers.

"Improved performance" in this case usually means "patched around hardware errors we won't admit to having".

--
"I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Darl's head and
 stick it on a pike as a reminder to the next ten generations that some