Re: Need to install drivers of motherboard CD?

On 8/17/06, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear All

I have just upgraded the processor of my computer to a P4 Dual Core.
The new motherboard comes with a CD with some drivers. Should I
install those drivers? Apparently, the CD expects to be read on MS
Windows. And furthermore, my upgraded computer works perfectly with
FC5, but I am not sure whether its performance can still be improved
with those drivers.

No, those drivers will be for use under windows only.  They will not
even run under linux, nor will they improve any thing if they could.

The same applies to any other drivers you get with printers, scanners etc...

--
Rob