Re: Duplicate posts- reply

Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Aaron Konstam wrote:

That is interesting since you are one of the people I consistantly get
duplicate messages from.

How duplicate are they? If you look at the header section, are they really identical?

-Andy

Just another data point that seems to indicate that the problem is with the sender's ISP sending two copies of the e-mail (for whatever reason, there are a lot of legitimate ones) and the MTA at Red Hat not detecting the resend. The message ID is the same for both copies of the message. This is what was in the list digest sent at 8:20 (MDT) this morning:

Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Image Browser (Bob Goodwin)
  2. Re: Image Browser (Bob Goodwin)
  3. Re: progress on wifi configuration (Claude Jones)
  4. More on duplicate messages, (Aaron Konstam)
  5. Re: More on duplicate messages, (James Kosin)
  6. Re: Automatic blocking (Brian Chadwick)
  7. Re: Image Browser (Robin Laing)
  8. Re: Best Certificate (eng.waleed)
  9. Re: Duplicate posts- reply (Aaron Konstam)
 10. Re: Install vanilla kernel (Jay Cliburn)
 11. Re: Image Browser (Anne Wilson)
 12. Re: Best Certificate (Christopher A. Williams)
 13. Beagle running ?? (William Case)
 14. video problem on usb-storage (LarryT)
 15. Re: Fedora Core 5 Issues (Timothy Murphy)
 16. Re: Fedora Core 5 Issues (Andy Green)

Message: 1