Re: Time incorrect after processor upgrade

Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All

I have just upgraded the processor of my computer to a P4 Dual Core. I
have also meanwhile installed kernel-smp. However, the time is not set
correctly. I have tried

# /sbin/service ntpd status
ntpd (pid 2052) is running...
]# /sbin/service ntpd restart
Shutting down ntpd:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting ntpd:                                             [  OK  ]
# ntpstat
unsynchronised
 time server re-starting
  polling server every 64 s
# /sbin/service ntpd --full-restart
Shutting down ntpd:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting ntpd:                                             [  OK  ]
# /usr/sbin/ntpdate de.pool.ntp.org
16 Aug 23:35:31 ntpdate[2913]: the NTP socket is in use, exiting
You're on the right path there!! Shutdown ntpd and run your ntpdate command to get things to the point that ntpd can actually keep things in sync.
-B
]#

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,