Re: Duplicate posts- reply

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 09:15 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> That is interesting since you are one of the people I consistantly get
> duplicate messages from.

Well, it's been a while since I've sent two posts (e.g. thought
something hadn't sent, but it did, and sent it again).  So *I've* not
been sending two messages.

Your first post about duplicates had your own address in the reply-to
field as well as the list's, so you got two back from me that time (the
same message, twice, handled by how e-mail works).

I'm sure it was with you that we had the long discussion about reply-to
headers before, and I remember that you eventually removed your address
from them.  But I saw it this time around, and presumed you'd put it
back in on purpose while trying to sort out a mail problem.  At any
rate, none of us can tell whether a person erroneously or purposely adds
their address to the reply-to field, we can only do what it tells us to
do (one reply will go to both, automatically).

I also see that this topic thread has split into two threads, so you
might expect a bit of strangeness, now.

I read messages from the public lists.