Re: Linux Notebook

I run FC5 on a Dell D610 latitude and the problem I have is that I have been unable to get it to detect my wireless and work right out of the box.  I am not sure what I have to do to get it to work.

I am not experienced enough to compile lots of things correctly and know enough about them to know that I did it correct, much less write or fix a driver and I haven't taken the time to know what chipset is in there.

I am trying FC5 or 6 on a VAIO at work in the next few days.  Also just a personal preference - the latitudes' keyboards seem to rise a little bit over time, and fingers can get caught on the edges, not a linux issue of course but something that I avoid since it slows me down.  My next personal laptop will be a thinkpad, IBM sold the business to Lenovo but they are probably still well made.

Marc

On 8/15/06, Charlie McVeigh <cmcveigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 06:43 -0700, Brian D. McGrew wrote:
> Morning All:
>
> I've been tasked with finding a current model notebook that will run
> FC3.  I've been though a couple iterations of different Dell models with
> no luck.
>
> Can someone recommend a current model Dell notebook that they're running
> FC3 on?
>
> Thanks!

I have no experience with Dell laptops but the following link should
help:

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/dell.html

Charlie