Re: Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2 (AM2 Version)

Robert L. Cochran wrote:
I'm working on plans to build myself a new desktop system. I'm unsure whether to stick to AMD Athlon 64 (the socket AM2 flavor) or go to Intel Core 2 Duo. The Intel E6600 has a 4 Mb L2 cache, and the price is very attractive to say the least. Would Fedora Core (5 or 6) work with this? The E6600 should scream past my Athlon 64 X2 4400+. Is there any reason for staying with an AMD processor? Or should I run to the Intel store with my money?

What would you do if you had to build a new system today?

Thanks

Bob Cochran

CORE 2 DUO ALL THE WAY!!!!

No, I don't have anything against AMD, but just do a search on Conroe or Core 2 Duo, and it absolutely blasts AMD out of the water right now. Last year, I may have given my money to AMD, but now there's not even a question.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the national anthem.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749