Re: No sound on FC5

Paul Davis (paul85) wrote:
For some reason I am not getting any sound, the sound card is on the motherboard nForce 3 250, detected as AC'97 with Realtek under both KDE and gnome.

I am using ALSA. have had no problem in the past with FC3 and Knoppix.

any suggestions

Try opening the mixer to see if anything is muted. Seems to be the number one solution judging by what I've seen on this list.

Ed.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the national anthem.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749