Re: Fix or replace OOo ??

William Case [billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Below is an exchange I have just had on the OpenOffice.org user mailing
> list.
>
> William Case wrote:
> "> Hi;
> >
> > I think I have a major problem with my OOo macros or BASIC.
> >
> > I tried your suggestion below.  Couldn't drag and drop any controls --
> > design mode on and off. My built-in macros in the OpenOffice.org
> Macros
> > file crash.  I tried the 'Schedule' macro and some others.
> >
> > I have built a couple of macros to help me construct a project.  They
> > have all removed themselves.  Some functions don't seem to work the
> way
> > I expect (but that could be me).
> >
> > I am been saving my project as *.xls because I want to share it
> > eventually with Excel users.  Should work for everything but
> protection.
> > Tried macros on a *.ods version but no improvement.
> >
> > I am using Fedora Core 5, Linux 2.6, Gnome 2.14.2, OOo 2.0.2."
>
> I started with the following problem, but the problem grew.
>
> "> On Mon, 2006-14-08 at 16:25 +0200, wrote:
> >
> >> View>Toolbars>Form COntrols
> >> 2nd button "Design Mode" = on
> >> 2nd last button "More Controls"
> >> Pick "Calendar Field from toolbar "More Controls"
> >> Draw the control on the sheet.
> >> If some wizzard pops up: Cancel (no database connection here)
> >> In the control's properties: "Dropdwon" = Yes
> >> Next problem is: How to put the selected data into a cell? Unlike
> many
> >> other controls a date field has no property "Linked Cell". But this
> >> could be solved with a very simple macro.
> >>"
>
> "> Sorry for top posting.  I am getting really frustrated.  I have been
> > selling (loud mouthing) all things Linux for my little project.  I
> would
> > hate to have to admit I couldn't get a M$ Office equivalent program to
> > work for me."
>
> "This is soo sad. My impression is, that many Linux packagers do a very
> bad job, spoiling OpenOffice.org with their "desktop integration" and
> "optimizing"."
>
> Can someone tell me how to get my macros working in OOo 2.0.2? Or, can
> someone tell me that it is all right to download and install 00o 2.2.13
> in FC5 without asking for additional problems?
>
> Regards Bill

Bill,
I once uninstalled OOo that came with FC5, downloaded and installed
OOo 2.0.3 from openoffice.org.  It worked fine.  The only problem I
noticed was that yum still thought the FC5 version was still installed
and wanted to update it: I got around that by excluding it from yum
updates.  Once Fedora upgraded its OOo distribution to 2.0.3 then I
got rid of the version from openoffice.org.  Note, BTW, that the FC5
updated version still shows 2.0.2 even though it is 2.03.  Hope this
helps.
		Thad