Re: Image Browser

Greetings Robin,

Robin Laing wrote:
Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
On 8/12/06, Kostas Sfakiotakis <kostassf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there an Image Browser available for Fedora Core 4 ?

gqview

I will second this and it is one of the first applications I install after a clean install. It allow the ability to open images in individual windows and full keyboard control of images from the number pad.

I have already installed and tried gqview and my first impression from it was pretty positive but the very thing you describe above ( opening an image in an individual window ) is the very thing i wanted to avoid
and on of the primary reasons i opened the thread .

Will also do slide shows of a directory of images.

That thing on the other hand is pretty useful

Right click and you can open the image in an editor as well.

Thanks for the above . Gqview seems to detect the various editors installed and provides them .

You can have thumbnails in the file list which can also be detached from the window viewer.

Kostas