Re: keeping kmod-nvidia and kernel upgrades "in sync"

On Monday 14 August 2006 07:39, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
>> haven't tired it myself but I'm told it handles this sort of thing
>>
>> yum-fedorakmod.noarch                    0.6-2.fc5              extras
>>
>> there is also a
>>
>> yum-kernel-module.noarch                 0.6-2.fc5              extras
>
>Hmm, interesting... Are these documented anywhere? I can't find much of
>anything on google...
>
>- Mike

And which of these, or both if they do not clash, should be installed to
put an end to this silliness of having the kmod-ntfs and kmod-ndiswrapper
stuff always at least 1 and sometimes 2 kernel versions behind?  This
tends to mess with my network entirely too much of the time, or cost me
access to the windows partition just when I need it to build a new
ndiswrapper module for the broadcom 4318 radio in my lappy.

This is at least partially a yumex problem too in that when kernel updates
are held back, and a second one is released, then its sometimes pencil and
paper to gather it all together and get the right versions installed as
yumex only displays, and allows the addition to the cache list, of only
the most recent stuff.  So when the kmod stuff is finally released, then
the kernel that goes with it has been superceeded and is not displayed for
selection.  At best, inconvienient.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)