Re: Latest Seamonkey update

Greetings Jim ,

Jim Cornette wrote:

Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

Well i have Seamonkey 1.0.4 here ( here is Fedora Core 4 & 2.6.17.8 )
and it works nicely . The SELinux policy here is targeted ( how well
configured targeted is another option , since i have defaults ), so
it might not be SELinux itself that it's causing the problem .

It seems that the policy for FC5 is a bit different than the policy for FC4.

I can't argue with that since i have no knowledge on what's going on with Fedora Core 5 . It's entirely possible though.

 Seamonkey used to work fine with SELinux enabled. It somehow became
effected by SELinux policy after a system relabeling.

Well now look a system relabeling is something different . If SELinux
wasn't told that something like that was going to happen that maybe can
make cause problems . I have a tiny situation here with auditd ( caused probably by an update , i updated auditd through yum and now each time auditd shut's down it pop' out some most definitely SELinux stuff and then terminates gracefully

Also, removing and then reinstalling seamonkey did not correct the problem.

I am not a SELinux expert but that wouldn't be the issue . if SELinux
was triggered by the relabeling , then that is the event that should be
reversed not Seamonkey. Finally i have to say that i got seamonkey from
the Mozilla Web Page by downloading the installer file and not through
yum .

Jim

Kostas