Re: Image Browser

Greetings Claude ,

Claude Jones wrote:
On Sunday August 13 2006 5:55 pm, Aaron Konstam wrote:
I have not tried it. I can't even even find it. But never mind this is a
subjective decision. But I am willing to learn. Have you ever tried xv?
In what way is xnview superior?

Just tried xv - seems OK. I offer XnView as another option. I'm not touting it. If you tire of one, try another. Each have their own architecture, and feature set - depending on what you want, one may serve in one situation, and another, in a different. Do you want auto-resize, do you want to fill the screen with no menus or window frames visible, do you want slide show, do you want primitive editing, do you want more image types, etc, etc, etc... I often fire up Irfanview in Linux, a Windows program, just because it meets certain very specific needs.

:)) . It's difficult to argue with such an opinion . I agree with you . I even keep a Windows installation for some very specific things . I even have a Fedora Core 1 installation as a backdoor to my Fedora Core 4 installation .

Kostas