Re: webcam recommendations

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On 8/12/06, tom poe <tompoe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I buy the Target or Wal-Mart WinXP cheap ($10 to $15) webcam, will it
run on FC5?  Is this one of those, better check for driver software,
first things?

When it comes to webcams you always need to check for drivers first,
regardless of where you get it.  Do you have a URL for one of these
beasts?

I was in the Target store at the end of July, in Mason City, IA, and there was a $13 webcam. It had the M$ logo on the side, but my daughter cautioned that I better check things out, first. I just checked Target online, and they don't have it listed. I'll take your advice, and see if I can find a webcam linux compatible list, someplace.
Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom  Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;1315 Cleveland Avenue;Charles City;IA;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe@xxxxxxxx
title:Director
tel;work:sip://506167@xxxxxxxxxxx
tel;home:641-228-3271