Re: keeping kmod-nvidia and kernel upgrades "in sync"

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:

> But more urgently: what's the best way to ensure that you don't have a
> non-functioning computer in the morning, because of a driver/kernel
> mismatch? Do I have to exclude kernel and kmod* from yum updates?

Make sure you have all the modules you need before doing a reboot?
You may also want to keep more then 2 kernels installed at a time.

One thing I have not checked on though - what does yum do when
upgrading the kernel when the currently running kernel would be the
one that it would be removed? I would hope it would not try to
remove the running kernel, but you never know. You wouldn't run into
a problem until you rebooted or needed to load a module...

Mikkel