Re: Firefox and JRE

On Friday 11 August 2006 20:24, Benjamin Franz wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Nigel Henry wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Anyone with some references to install the JRE? Sun's Java site have 2
> > files for i386. An RPM, and another, which I presume is a .bin, using a
> > shellscript to start it. I don't want to DL large files on dialup,
> > without finding out first, which is the correct one.
> >
> > This is going on FC2, and using the JRE on Firefox 1.5.0.4
> >
> > I can no longer find the Stanton Finley page for installing general stuff
> > on Google, and believe there are tips for installing Java there, if
> > someone can provide the link.
>
> This is what I used for FC5 (I would not be surprised if it works for FC2
> as well):
>
> http://ccl.net/cca/software/SOURCES/JAVA/JSDK-1.5/index.shtml

Thanks Jerry. I'm working on the info from Stanton Finleys page at the mo. The
info on your link seemed a bit heavy going for me, but if the Stanton way
fails, I'll come back to it.

There are forums on this french learning site (about.com), but IRC should be a
bit like using IM, I hope. I can't say I'm too happy about using IRC, as
there seem to be so many security problems with it.

Nigel.